Debra M. Gibb 11616 Caminito
With over 20 years of operations and technology experience in rapidly growing and new and established companies, I offer practical experience in successfully optimizing technology-based operations. Having held managerial positions with a strong focus on effective execution, best practice processes, managing with metrics and open, direct communication, I can provide leadership and strategic direction that results in building strong, high performing, passionate and effective teams. I also enjoy internet research and hands-on implementation and administration of internet business applications (Content Management, Web Analytics, Quality Assurance, Bug Tracking, Customer Service, etc.) I prefer consulting with companies who have internet projects that would be conducive to telecommuting.
· Hands-on, no-nonsense leadership style
· Opportunity assessment and strategic planning
· Web development and web site operations
· Technology selection, implementation, management
· Internet business and eCommerce development
· Program, product and project management
· Operational and organizational restructuring
· Recruiting and mentoring of staff and teams
· Development of standards, policies, procedures
· Budget development and accountability
· Client, Partner and Vendor relationship management
· Sales, Marketing & Business Development support
· Merger and acquisition due diligence
· Presentations to board members, analysts, investors
CBS Interactive, College Sports Online 2006 to Present
Sr. Technology Consultant
In 2006, CBS Corporation acquired CSTV Networks and the College Sports online assets became part of the CBS Interactive division. The CSTV broadcast business became part of CBS broadcasting. The operation of the College Sports web sites and other online services continued, unchanged and my consulting contract was extended as they valued me as a “change manager” during this time. I continued integrating teams and technologies to optimize efficiencies after the acquisition.
In 2008, CBS became a top 10 internet company through the addition of more key internet assets like CNET Networks, LastFM and other companies. These acquisitions brought more opportunities for internet technology integration and by late 2009, most of those opportunities had been achieved. I am now hoping to help other companies who may face similar challenges integrating and optimizing internet projects and resources.
CSTV Networks, Inc. (formerly CollegeSports.com) 2004 to 2006
Sr. Technology Consultant
early 2004, CSTV Networks (based in NY) acquired CollegeSports.com (based in
At that time, CSTV Networks, Inc. was the leading digital sports media company consisting of a cable television network (CSTV), a satellite television and radio network, in-flight entertainment, wireless networks and more. Their acquisition of CollegeSports.com rounded out their content to include internet assets. They knew very little about the internet or the related technologies so my role was both hands-on operational as well as strategic for them.
Key responsibilities during this time included:
· Personnel Management: Hire and de-hire as necessary to assure a successful transition of the technology team to their new owner. Manage day-to-day human resource issues.
· Technology Operations Management: Evaluate existing technology infrastructure (Internet and Office systems) and make recommendations to assure anticipated growth would be successful. Implement 24/7 support procedures and contingency plans.
Research, negotiate, acquire and implement major infrastructure upgrades
· Vendor Management: Research and negotiate contracts and relationships to enable outsourcing of application development, application support and alternative application hosting where feasible.
· Project Management: Evaluate and manage requests for programming and/or other application or web site development. Document and manage key projects requiring software engineering.
· Budget Accountability: Revise and submit budgets for Capital Expenses and G&A each quarter. Coordinate purchasing and related accounting follow up.
ProfitLine, Inc. 2003 to 2004
Vice President, Operations
large enterprises with telecom expense management services including bill
management, bill audit, cost allocation and telecom inventory management
through an outsourced service model. As
Vice President of Operations I was responsible for sales support, project
implementation, and day-to-day service delivery. Between 2003 and 2004 my teams migrated our
legacy clients to a new data processing platform and doubled our client base,
including primarily fortune 500-1000 clients like Merrill Lynch, Starbucks,
Ernst & Young, S.C. Johnson and The Gap to name a few. In 2004 we began transitioning much of our
routine data processing functions to an offshore partner in
CollegeClub.com 1999 to 2002
Sr. Vice President and Chief Information Officer (acting Chief Technology Officer)
During 1999 CollegeClub.com grew to become the #1 college-oriented web site among 18-24 year olds. My team built a communication and community portal that also provided eCommerce and academic features targeted to this highly-valued demographic. With over 3.5 million registered members, 262 million page views per month and 3.3 million unique visitors per month, Media Metrix, PC Data Online, Nielsen/NetRatings and ABC Interactive all agreed that our site ranked within the top 50 of all web sites.
As the senior technology officer I provided the technology vision and leadership for the company. I had overall responsibility for the development, integration, maintenance and operation of the CollegeClub.com network of web sites. These sites included collegeclub.com, highschoolclub.com, collegestore.com, collegestudent.com, estudentloan.com, absolutelyscholarships.com, versity.com and izio.com.
In concert with other key executive leaders in Sales, Marketing, Finance and Business Development, I developed business objectives, budgets and timelines that supported the growth and evolution of the company’s business model. I drove all elements of technology strategy development and integration, executed and managed key technology partnerships, defined business processes, and recruited technical talent.
Director of Information Technology / Internet Business and Electronic Commerce
Provided Internet technology leadership, direction and consulting to the Company’s decentralized business units in order to build a consistent approach to web development and deployment.
Director of Operations and Information Systems
First Virtual was an ECommerce pioneer when their VirtualPIN
secure payment concept began in 1994. I
implemented and managed the Internet, Intranet, network and desktop computing
and support infrastructure to support the more than 300% growth of the company
during their first year in
BioData, Inc. July, 1995 to February, 1996
regional office in
Developed and implemented a strategic plan for changing the focus of this $25 million value-added reseller from hardware solutions to technical outsourcing. Analyzed competition and designed products and marketing programs to promote the sale of service, support, network, and computer automation expertise. Other positions held during my 11-years there included Director of Business Services, Manager of Network Engineering, Manager of Information Systems, Manager of Technical Support, and Corporate Sales Manager
Director of Technical Services
Managed Software Quality Assurance, Technical Support Services, Customer Support Help Desk, Customer Education Services.